I survived. I didn’t sleep the night before and I had the shakes real bad, but I survived! In fact, I had a really good time!
- Employees may not have facial jewelry…sitting across from a gentleman with two nose piercings. More than five other employees had some kind of facial jewelry as well. Spacers may only be used for a tongue piercing and band aids my not be used to cover up piercings.
- Undergarments must be warn…um…this needs to be said????
- Personal cell phones must not be warn or used during work time…I don’t think there was an employee who DIDN’T have their cell phone ON them.
- Personal pages may be worn…do they still make these?
- Employee name tag…employees are not required to use their legal name & may use any name they are normally addressed by which is not offensive, disrespectful or inappropriate… I wonder…Can I use Grumpy on mine?
In order to get familiar with the store, we were given tasks and a scavenger hunt, my thoughts on this BRILLIANT! Except when you have your name tag on and customers want to ask you questions and you have no answers. But, the three of us newbies, made it work though. Until we got to a spill. I never realized just how long 10 minutes were, until you are waiting on a cranky maintenance gentleman to come clean it up and you have to stand guard. Then to hear him tell you, “it’s not my job”…Like fingernails on a chalkboard for me. YES!!! Safety IS your job!!! It’s EVERYONE’S job!
We also got to see some great videos, including one for Active Shooters. Now, I KNOW this is something you have to be aware of and don’t deny people need to be aware of this, but it’s a sad sad day when it has to be taught at work, but more so schools! What has this world come to?
Finished the day with our new schedules and a gift card for lunch. Can’t beat that! I am totally stoked about this job! I am really looking forward to it. And on the one of the many plus sides, I slept like a baby last night!!! I tired myself out for sure yesterday.
Tomorrow I take on the cash register. Wish me luck and hopefully, I will have shenanigans to report.
Follow me on Pinterest
I will remember this word,” he said. “Shenanigans. It is a good word.